Hotel Academia has been open since 11 May 2020
The emergent situation caused by the coronavirus pandemic posed a huge challenge and directed our business towards thwarting and preventing the consequences of COVID-19.
Our priority is the safety and health of our guests and employees.
We are closely following all instructions from the Civil Protection Headquarters of the Republic of Croatia and international organizations – WHO and ECDC.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have introduced precautions to keep your hotel stay safe and relaxed.
Some of our measures:
- An alcohol based hand sanitizer is available at all entrances
- Measuring the temperature of our employees and guests upon arrival at work, or upon arrival at the hotel
- Thorough disinfection of the hotel kitchen, buffet tables and floors in all hotel rooms
- Meticulous disinfection of the room (minibar, bathroom, remote controllers, telephone)
- Regular disinfection of elevators and car park (twice per day)
- Use of sanitary masks during direct interaction with guests (reception and restaurant staff)
- Secured designated area between guests at the reception during check-in and between the tables of our bistro St. Michael, as well as rearrangement of furniture throughout the hotel in order to comply with the prescribed measures of physical distance in accordance with the recommendations of the Government of the Republic of Croatia
- Additional hand sanitizers have been installed in the staff rooms
- Reinforced measures for cleaning and disinfection of public toilets
- Housekeeping/room cleaning services can be arranged upon guest’s request
- Non-contact room service option
- Reinforced hygiene protocols and protective measures during food handling
- Secured isolation room in case if symptoms occur in guests
We will update the measures above in accordance with the changes of COVID-19 situation and in accordance with the guidelines of the Croatian Government, and adapt them to the circumstances so that our guests can keep being safe and healthy.
All of our employees, as well as the hotel staff, are familiar with the prescribed measures in this situation and are trained to provide information and assistance to our guests if necessary.
We look forward to meeting you again or for the first time, all with securing a safe stay in our hotel.